A lot of people have experienced insomnia and the inability to sleep, but how can you improve the problem?
When you have insomnia, you’re never really asleep, and you’re never really asleep – goes the famous line from the cult film, Fight Club. Insomnia and the inability to sleep can be caused by a multitude of factors, often causing prolonged distress to sufferers who have a poor sleeping routine.
As insomnia is classified into various categories, it is important to comprehend what they are, in order to avoid over-the-counter medications that may cause more harm than good. Another way to deal with insomnia is to possibly change some lifestyle habits.
1. Create a sleeping environment that works for you: ensure the lighting and temperature of the room is to your liking and establish a quiet, calm and relaxing bedtime routine with a cup of caffeine-free tea, a warm shower or soft music.
2. Avoid some diet after noon or at night: limit the amount of alcohol consumption you drink before bedtime.
3. Regular exercise: it can help improve the quality of sleep, but avoid exercising too close to bedtime.
4. Regular sleeping patterns: go to bed only when you are feeling tired and limit naps as these can throw off a consistent sleep cycle
5. Try not to use electronic devices: avoid staring at a screen for long periods of time, especially before bedtime.
This post is also available in: KH